Part 2: Specific Infrastructure History and Assessment
The second element of your museum exhibit will examine and assess a specific local infrastructure.
The form this requirement takes is up to the student. It may be a video, a website, several posters, a flip book, or a combination of several media and forms.
Select a local public infrastructure. You must be able to go to the infrastructure and examine it up close.
- Name of infrastructure
- Location of infrastructure
- Picture of infrastructure
- Explain what the infrastructure is.
- State the date the infrastructure was constructed.
- Explain what type of infrastructure it is.
- Explain what the infrastructure is used for.
- Describe the infrastructure.
- Discuss anything special or unique about the infrastructure.
- Describe any changes that have been made to the infrastructure (over the life of the infrastructure).
- Provide detailed pictures of the infrastructure that support all of the above.
- Identify and describe the function of each part of the infrastructure.
- Show pictures of each part of the infrastructure.
- Assess each part of the infrastructure using a rubric of your own design or one of the rubrics discussed during class.
- Describe the capacity of the infrastructure.
- Discuss the overall durability of the infrastructure in terms of how well it can handle the demands being placed on it.
- Discuss how much longer the infrastructure can last before major reconstruction or replacement.
- Provide pictures that support your discussion of durability.
- Identify and discuss any safety concerns in terms of the infrastructure.
- Provide pictures that support your safety concerns.
- Complete and present an interview with someone who is directly involved or responsible for the infrastructure.
- Complete and present an interview or interviews with infrastructure stakeholders.
- These interviews can be video or audio, but we prefer video.
- Based on all of the information, provide a grade for your infrastructure.
- Recommend and describe any regular maintenance that should be done to the infrastructure.
- Recommend and describe any major repairs that need to be done to the infrastructure.
- For any problems that were identified when discussing the condition of the infrastructure, provide possible solutions.
- Recommend and describe any future new construction that may need to be done to the infrastructure.